Under authorization from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, NYUS admits and enrolls non-immigrant (international) students.
International applicants who submit the required materials and meet admissions requirements are issued an I-20 form (Certificate of Eligibility for Non-Immigrant (F-1) Student Status for Academic and Language Students).
Applicants with F-1 Student status are admitted as matriculated students only and must attend NYUS .Fulltime. International Students are encouraged to enroll in a medical insurance plan and must arrange for their own housing. Student financial aid is not available for international students.
Important Information for International Applicants :
International Applicants should consider, along with the general application guidelines, these following points:
- International students must complete an Application for International Student Admission.
- Meet regular NYUS admission requirements.
- Provide evidence of high school and, if applicable, college education. Such evidence may include copies of the awards (diplomas, certificates, degrees) or a notarized copy of high school transcript or academic record. Documents that are not in English must be accompanied by a certified translation.
- Demonstrate that they have sufficient funds to pay for all educational and living expenses.
- Housing is available for international students at an additional cost, please speak to your admissions associate for more information.